The history of ernst Rehfuss Werkzeugbau GmbH
- Founded in 1903 by master mechanic Karl Rehfuss
- After the First World War, expansion of the company as a tool supplier to the sealing and plastics industry by his son Ernst Rehfuss.
- During the Second World War, additional high-precision aircraft parts were manufactured.
- Production expansion through the manufacture of cutting and punching tools for the metal and electrical industry.
- After the death of Ernst Rehfuss in 1967, his son Kurt Rehfuss took over the company in the third Rehfuss generation.
- In 1970, the company purposefully began manufacturing pressing and calibrating tools for sintering metallurgy.
- Likewise, the globally introduced E.R.B. paper drills were produced.
- In 2007 the company was sold to the long-time CEO Edgar Zimmermann and his sons. As of 2019 Torsten Zimmermann has taken up the post of CEO.
- Today, the Ernst Rehfuss company with its highly motivated 40 employees represents an efficient specialized company, which successfully sells its products around the globe.